If you are suffering from any type of injury either physical or psychological due to an accident caused by another party, you are more than likely entitled to compensation which may include damages for loss of earnings, medical bills and expenses.
What do I do if I have been involved in an accident?
- Report the accident to an appropriate person;
- Get details of how the accident occurred and the names of any witnesses;
- If you have a camera phone you should photograph any of the relevant evidence. For example if you fall in a shop and there is a wet floor or items on the floor, you should take a photograph of it or if somebody is with you, ask them to do so.
- Contact John M Joy & Company Solicitors for advice without delay.
- If you are injured you should attend with your Doctor and if there are visible signs of injury, take photographs of those injuries.
- Never admit liability. Sometimes you may feel at fault for an accident but on reflection the other party may be partially or entirely at fault.
- Do not sign an accident report form without consulting your Solicitor.
- Do not complete an application to the Personal Injuries Assessment Board without consulting John M Joy & Company Solicitors.